Friday, November 04, 2005

RWG Control: Fungus Fires

RW control is pretty big right now, and I'm more than ready for that to end. I dont think RW really counts as control; burn and removal isnt a precision strategy to me. That being said, I had to give deserved props to a 3-color control deck that uses the colors that are usually dedicated to aggro: red, green, and white. The temptation arises in building a deck like this to use the incredible aggro weapons these colors have to offer. By not doing this, you throw most opponents off when they try to gauge your strategy by looking at your mana base or opening spells. This deck's first plays look like aggro or sligh, but after stabilizing, plays like GW control with red for burn. Check the list:

4 Vitu-Ghazi, the City-Tree
4 Forest
4 Plains
2 Mountain
3 Battlefield Forge
3 Karplusan Forest
3 Brushland

2 Firemane Angel
4 Sakura-Tribe Elder

3 Sensei's Divining Top
3 Sunforger
3 Kodama's Reach
4 Wrath of God
4 Lightning Helix
4 Faith's Fetters
4 Devouring Light
3 Char
3 Seed Spark


As far as the matchups, I'm not really clear on how the deck answers control, but it did pretty well (8th Place) in the Alabama Champs. I'd like to build smething similar to this when I get more of the tools.

No comments:

Followers